Sunday, June 14, 2009

Newsletter Builds Ties with Distant Barefoot Relatives

Amazing to me as editor of this bulletin is the number of wonderful family and friends that I have met/worked with while doing this newsletter. First of all, there is Sylvia Coleman who co-authored the Barefoot Book with Gary Mickle. She is working on cemeteries now and lists them in her letter. Then there are Sharon Sheldon and Becky Barefoot, who have provided us with lots of excellent research on the Rosses and Barefoots and have disproved the George Ross theory. Becky also has a website on the descendants of Samuel Barefoot. Dale McLaughlin continues to update me on obituaries with all the others I mention here. Then there is my sister Betsy Hott Hawthorne and her daughter Vicki Erdley who are working on a Barefoot website. I briefly became acquainted with Bill Krieger prior to his death, and he had a wealth of personal knowledge on the family, and Terry Gribble , the Lovingoods, Batha Karr, and Eleanor Ward have so much family information to share. I also receive notes and letters from a lot of the Barefoot descendants, and I see my relatives. The newsletter is the tie that binds.

Family history has become a popular hobby. More and more interesting information has been added to the Internet over the last ten years for the genealogist. The list is in the previous blog. You can check out lots of information on the Barefoots at those sites.

It has been a privilege to manage your money and your news. As long as I am able, I will continue to work to hold this family together. My mother Elizabeth Hott and my sister Eleanor Kinnan have spent most of their lives working on reunion positions, and I will try to serve where I feel my talents are best used.
Sylvia Hott Sonneborn
Treasurer]
Barefoot Bulletin editor

No comments:

Post a Comment